Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The puppy

Yesterday afternoon as I was driving through the Super Target parking lot, I found a cute little puppy by the dumpster. Doing what any nice person would do, I picked him up and brought him to my house until I could A) find a home for him B) take him to a no-kill animal shelter. Anyone want a free puppy? Seriously, if you want him you can have him. He is sooo sweet. A little on the skinny side, but not sickly or anything. He loves the boys and trying to play with Lucy. I have no idea how old he is, definitely somewhere between 8 and 12 weeks though. He does great in the crate, and he only whined for 5-10 minutes last night when we put him in his crate for bed. The only thing about him is that he seems to be partially blind. Not sure if it is one eye that is totally blind, or if he is a little blind in both, but he runs into alot of things. He can definitely see some though because he follows the boys and me around and can get around mostly on his own. He is playful, but not annoyingly so. And he is cuddly too! I think because of the blind thing, he stays in the same room with us all the time. He will wander around the room, but he never just takes off wandering around the house. This might also be because he is in a new place and is a little scared still. He needs a great home with people who will love him and take good care of him.

I will try to post again if I find out more about him, like what breed he is or how big he may get. We can't have a puppy right now otherwise I would try to keep him. He already has me wrapped around his little paw.

He looks just like a mini-Lucy, it's crazy. He follows Lucy around everywhere, maybe he thinks so is his mom!

Puppy's first bath

Poor little guy! He was so scared he was shaking like crazy. We wrapped him up in a warm towel and gave him some good cuddle time to warm him up though. Ronnie thought it was so fun giving him a bath. He kept wanting to share his bath toys, but I insisted that puppies don't need toys in the bath tub like little boys do.


No comments:

Post a Comment