Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Boy Mom

Since this blog (I have a blog!) is going to be mostly about my family... and more specifically, my 2 little boys, I thought I would start with sharing with you a few of my favorite quotes about boys. They will lay a foundation for what will follow in future posts as I share with you joys and trials of being a mom to two little boys. Can I get an AMEN to these... if you are a mom to a boy then you know!

Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"
George F. Will


A treasure to a little boy does not consist of money, gems or jewellery. He will find far greater pleasure in the wonder of a rock, pebble, stick or beetle.
Author Unknown

I really like this one because we watch ALOT of baseball at our house. Go Rangers!
Baseball is where boys practice being men and men practice being boys, and they get real good at it.
Mary Cecile Leary

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."
Harmon Killebrew

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
Mark Twain

And last, but not least, a slightly cheesy one that is oh-so true.
There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and a son.
Author unknown



1 comment: