Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Peacocks

While we were driving home today 2 wild peacocks walked across the street in front of our car. We have a street in our neighborhood where lots of wild peacocks live, they sort of camp out in front of one house in particular so I don't normally see them trotting down this road. They were BEAUTIFUL with their long, vibrantly colored tails. I can't help but stop and watch them for a bit. I think about the awesomeness of our Creator and the workmanship and artistry in His creation. Ronnie was very concerned that they were going to get hit by a car, and so was I for that matter with drivers speeding by on their cell phones. Now, I'm a cell phone talking kinda driver myself so I really shouldn't knock it, but the thought of one of those peacocks becoming roadkill (like the skunk we passed a few yards back) makes me shudder. They did make it to the other side safe and sound so you can all breathe a sigh of relief... ah.

Pardon the quality, I took this with my phone

This was a pleasant end to our outing, which had begun by me getting a $200 ticket for having an expired inspection sticker. Yes, I was stopped just for the sticker! I'm not sure if I was more annoyed that there was probably actual crime taking place less than a mile from where I was at the time or that I didn't take the 20 minutes to just get it inspected in the first place. Regardless, I will be making a trip to the car place tomorrow to get it taken care of. I only hope I get to pass the peacocks again to brighten my day, especially since my dining out budget is now shot for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment