Wednesday, January 27, 2010

sick, sick, and more sick

We have had a wave of illness go through our home the past couple of weeks. It started with Ethan who, after a weekend of 103+ fever, was finally diagnosed with 2 ear infections and a cold, which was starting to turn into RSV. After a week of antibiotics he was much better, then Ronnie got sick. He was not nearly as sick as Ethan. He had a fever of about 101 for a few days, a pretty bad cough, and the personality of an irritated bear. I knew when I had been coughed in the face the 10th time at point-blank range that I had no chance... the illness was coming my way. Sure enough, a few days later Mommy was sick too. Ugh! I'm on the road to recovery now, thank goodness. But now Ethan has a fever again- 101.8 this time! Will it ever stop? Actually, I'm am pretty sure that Ethan's ear infection didn't get fully taken care of the first time around. And that is due to my own negligence. I started to get a little lacks on the antibiotics the last few days... he was all better and I just kept forgetting. Don't judge me! I know all that about taking antibiotics properly and if you don't your body will build up resistance and then they won't work when you really need them and all that... but it still gets hard to remember on day 10 when your kid hasn't been sick for a week and you're rushing out the door, trying to get kids fed, shoes on feet, and 100 things gathered you "might" need on your trip to Target. So there you have it, the ear infection is back, so please no "I told you so"s.

Here is just a cute picture from right before sick-fest. And yes, Ronnie is showing his chest to the camera. Ethan had discovered Ronnie's nipple right before this picture... a hilarious moment which was also captured on film but cannot be posted because of too much "exposure."

1 comment:

  1. I am SO sorry if we brought all this sickness to you guys! We tried to be careful!

    ReplyDelete